I have exciting news! I have used up all of my yarn stash!!!!!!!!!!!! With three whole months to spare. I’m pretty proud of myself and how hard I have worked to finish my knitting.
This past week, I finished the knitted blanket.
Leaving being a small ball of extra yarn, which I, of course, crocheted into a granny square.
I have included the pattern for the blanket at the end of this post. It was very easy and quick to knit. The only major issue I ran into was while blocking. I apparently had a very different gauge for my decreasing rows in comparison to my increase rows.
I solved the issue by extensively blocking. Since my mystery yarn is acrylic, I steam blocked it using my iron. It worked very well. I can still tell that one side was knitted tighter than the other, but I don’t think anyone but an experienced knitter would be able to tell by looking at it.
I really like the look of the blanket. The variegation in the yarn caused a cool striping pattern with some pooling.
Materials: 2 skeins worsted weight yarn, size 7 circular needles. Finished measurements for my blanket are 28in x 29in.
CO 5 stitches
Row 1: K
Row 2: K3, YO, K2
Row 3: K3, YO, K3
Row 4: K3, YO, K
Row 5: K3, YO, Purl across, K3
Repeat Rows 4 and 5 until there are 147 stitches on the needles.
Row 1: K2, K2tog, YO, K2tog, K
Row 2: K2, K2tog, YO, P2tog, Purl across, K3
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until 5 stitches are left. Cast off. Weave in ends.